Placing Requests

highland councilParents or guardians who wish their child to attend a primary school outwith their catchment area will need to apply in writing for a placing request to:

The Area Education Manager,
South Area Education Office,
Glenurquhart Road

Parents should enrol their child at the local primary school for the area in which they live, whilst waiting for a response to a placing request. For those outside the catchment area, there is no automatic progression from the primary school to its associated secondary and therefore parents should still enrol their child at the local secondary school for the area in which they live. This should be done well before the child’s entry to the secondary school in August.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s