Class 1 have had a bustling four days! This week, we have engaged in:
- Social dancing 💃🏻 🕺🏼
- Discussion of topic artwork
- SSPCA assembly
- Ongoing spelling, reading and number activities
- Self-assessment of our written stories
- Decoration of our diya lamps and pots
- Exploration and performance of the Nativity story
- Rehearsal of our Christmas carols
- Recording of our recent learning achievements
- Shape making activities
- Paper chain challenge
- Bollywood dancing
- Festive lunch
Our final week looks to be equally eventful, so please keep an eye on the blog for extra info and updates. Could we kindly also request that all Pupil Profile folders are returned to school on Monday.
Miss Costa 🙂
A few photos from lunch time today. Lots of happy faces 😋😊
It might be the last week before the holidays but it’s set to be one of our busiest weeks yet.
MON– PE as normal- Kit required
– Xmas Carols at the church. Children to arrive for 6.15. Service starts 6.30 prompt.
– Party food for Winter Wonderland to be brought in.
TUES– Inverness Royal Academy transition (am)
– Winter Wonderland Party from 1.30. Children can bring party clothes in a bag to get changed into after lunch.
WED– Millburn transition for P7 pupils. Packed lunches, snack and water bottle required.
– Class 1 visit to the Daviot Church (pm)
Thurs- Last Gymnastics session with Louise ( Mrs Evason- Parent helper)
Fri- Pjs, Popcorn and film morning all together in Class 1.
– School closes at 3pm.
If you have any questions about the last week please email or call the school office on Monday .
Have a lovely weekend.
An email has been circulated today by the authority to say that some parents have had difficulty accessing the ASN consultation survey via the links previously provided.
Please use the link below and note that the survey will now be open until Friday 20th December as a result:
On Wednesday 18th December, we have arranged for Class 1 children to visit Daviot Church. We will meet Russell, who will be our guide and share information about the church’s history and talk about its role within our community.
This outing is part of our current topic learning and will give all children the opportunity to explore a place of worship in our local area.
We will be leaving school just after our morning break (10.45am) and will return in time for lunch at midday. As we are planning to walk to and from the church, we will require a parent helper to accompany us. Please could you get in touch if you are available.
No letter will be issued as this is a local visit, which is part of each pupil’s consent form.
If you have any queries or do not wish for your child to attend, please get in touch via email or by calling the school office.
The service at Daviot Church on Monday 16th December will start promptly at 6.30pm. Please could we ask all children attending the service to be there for no later than 6.20pm.
We look forward to seeing you all then. Remember to wear something festive if you have.
Our first week in December has included:
- Scottish dancing
- Show and tell
- Making clay diya lamps
- Big Writing
- Basic Facts games and number problem solving
- Spelling pairs
- Letter and number formation
- Our final tennis session
- Shape activities
- Learning about the Up Helly Aa Festival
- Decorating our class Christmas tree
- Creating artwork to show our topic knowledge
I’ve been so impressed by everyone’s continued enthusiasm and readiness to engage in our learning activities. Keep it up- only a fortnight to go!
Wishing all families a super weekend 😊