This afternoon we gathered items to create our own polar habitat, including our ice balloons to use as icebergs!
We loved spending time playing independently, and took our learning even further by having lots of important discussions:
- What temperature should the water be and why?
- Why do the ice cubes and ice balloons change colour under water but become clear again when we lift them out?
- How did the Titanic sink?
- What should we do for the polar animals that need to live on land?
- How can we make sure all of our animals stay afloat?
Some really wonderful exploration and problem-solving, all led by the children. Well done!