I cannot believe we are at the end of the year already. Whilst there have been so many highlights this year, I have chosen a few of my personal favourites. Thank you to everyone for your support this year, and to the children for being the stars that they are. We have loved working with you all.
From all of the staff at Daviot, we would like to wish you all a happy holiday and look forward to working with you again in August. School reopens for the children on Tuesday 21st August at 8.45am.
Thank you so much to all the pupils who have carried out their personal talks so far. I have loved them all! Today I dressed for work and within minutes was transformed into a cricket player.
2 more talks to go- well done everyone
#Vets #Blue #Roblox #Cats #tortoises #Pets #Shinty #Cricket
Thank you to all who made it along after school yesterday to discuss the Tractor Rally fundraiser. We spoke about the role of the school and the pupils, as well as the role the parent body may take on for the event. Details are below:
School and classes
- Class 2 will organise teddies and filled jars for the stall on the day. A flyer will go home before the holidays with what exactly the children are looking for. Please check bags!
- Class 2 will organise a lollipop lucky dip (previously done at event). Prizes will be given for lollipops with a red marking. Prizes will be bought by school.
- Class 2, Mrs Beattie and Susan Cameron will work on making candle holders to sell for £5 at the event. Susan will provide the wood and school will provide the tealights.
Parent Council/ Parents
- Splat Rat to be sourced
- Canvas bags to sell at the event to be sourced and priced with design created by Class 1 (tractor related)
- Rota of parents to be created with time slots for the event
- Home baking to be provided to sell at event
During our meeting we discussed the need to have a budget for buying essentials such as prizes, canvas bags etc so this will be allocated out of the Rag Bag money.
The Padlet page will stay open all summer, so if you have any other fundraising ideas for future events please feel free to add to it. We will be discussing further events at our first Parent Council meeting in August/September.
Could we ask all forms and payments to be in by Thursday for the P4-7 gymnastic club. If numbers are below 12 we would like to offer any remaining places to P3 children.
A place can only be secured by a signed parental slip and payment of £14 for the block.
This week the forecast tells us it’s gonna be hot, HOT, HOT!
Please ensure ALL children have sun lotion applied BEFORE school and if possible have spare in their bags. Also, each child should bring a filled water bottle. We will ensure these are refilled regularly throughout the day.
Monday 25th June: Lunch money due in for Sheila.
Tuesday 26th June: End of Year Celebration Assembly at 2pm in the village hall.
Parent Council meeting at 3.30pm in Class 2. All parents welcome. Agenda: Vintage tractor rally and other fundraising ideas.
Friday 29th June: School finishes at 12pm.
If possible could ALL children bring in a carrier bag at the start of the week, so that we can give home all their amazing work from the year. 🤩
Thank you to those who have already started returning library books to school. Just a reminder that the library van is due to collect any outstanding library books on Thursday 28th June. Additionally, could we please ask that school reading books are returned as soon as possible.